Monday 1 September 2014

Backyard...

Hello all!  Hope you had a great weekend!
This summer we have been working on making our backyard ... "homey".
I started with a little flower bed off the side of our back steps and it just grew from there.  :)
This is looking out our kitchen door.  We have the best house on campus as far as backyards go.  We are the only one that doesn't have another house on both sides.  It's really nice.  :)
 

 
Here is my little flower bed... It's starting to dry up so it's not quite as lush and colorful as it was earlier this summer.  But it's so nice to have some 'COLOR' to look at!  :)  The butterflies and hummingbirds love it! 

 
This is my herb garden!  I have ALWAYS wanted one but this is my first and I LOVE it!  I have Oregano, Parsley, Mint, Peppermint, Dill, Chives, and Basil.  It's so nice to have fresh herbs to cook with!

 
And here is my cute little veggie garden.  Didn't get a spring one in because we weren't sure if we were going to stay on campus or not but since we are, I decided to try a Fall one since it stays warmer so much longer here.  So far everything is thriving except for the peppers and tomatoes.  I also have squash, green beans, okra, and cucumbers.

 
We have this cool 'ring' of trees that we are making into an 'entertaining' area.  Our house is REALLY small and doesn't have a lot of room to host guests, so we decided to develop this space outside for that!  We have a fire pit and grill out there and we are also wanting to put a table and benches as well.


 
To add a little extra lighting I made these mason jar lamps that we hung from the trees.  They were supper cheap and easy to make and they give off such a romantic light when they are lit.  ;)


 
Have a great day! :)


1 comment: