Thursday 28 August 2014

Hummingbirds...

This spring I planted some Zenias out our backdoor just to help add some color to the dry TX landscape.  They THRIVED even in the TX heat and dryness! 
One morning I was out on our back porch with my coffee and chocolate chips doing my devotion when all of a sudden a hummingbird flew over my flower bed!  I was sooooo excited!  She started being a daily regular at our house and I wanted to keep her coming even after the flowers went away so My Man said we could get some hummingbird feeders!  We did and soon we had 5 zipping around our backyard.  :)  They are soooo fun to watch but VERY hard to take pictures of!  But I've gotten a few and thought I'd share some with you!
 

 
They are so greedy though!!!!  I never realized how protective they were of their food supply!  The first one that arrives in the morning is the dominant one the rest of the day.  Chasing off anyone who would dare try to drink out of either one!  They get so busy protecting that they hardly drink any themselves!  :D








 
Enjoy your day!  :)


3 comments:

  1. We're enjoying your posts, Jordan! I would guess your mom enjoys it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics are beautiful!!!!! Feels like we have just had a fun visit sitting on the back steps drinking a cup of coffee and watching together. So grateful for how many sweet ways "your man" shows you how much he loves you. m

    ReplyDelete